This 4-day Advanced Informix Performance Tuning course is for experienced Informix database administrators and application developers who will be responsible for installing/upgrading, managing, optimizing, and tuning an Informix database server. The focus is on practical skills, procedures, and scripts to improve the performance of your database server. In addition to your new skills, the course will provide a toolkit of scripts and utilities to start monitoring and optimizing your Informix database server. This course has been updated for Informix 14.
Next Course Date:
- May 23-26, 2022 (Registration is closed)
- Contact us to schedule a future course
- New Features in Informix 14
- New ONCONFIG Parameters
- New Performance Tuning Guidelines
- Introduction to Performance Tuning and Optimizing
- A Checklist for Troubling Shooting Informix Performance
- Optimizing the Informix Server Configuration
- Tuning OLTP Systems
- Tuning Data Warehouse Systems
- Tuning Data Loads
- Managing and Tuning Client Server Database Access
- Tuning Dbspaces, Chunks, and Disk Layouts
- Enable Large Chunks
- Informix Server Monitoring Utilities
- Using the Onstat Utility for Performance Tuning
- Using the Oncheck Utility for Performance Tuning
- Managing Logs
- Tuning the Physical Log
- Tuning the Logical Log
- Sizing Tables and Fragmentation
- Tuning Table Fragmentation
- Improve Performance Using Optimized Informix Data Types
- Improve Performance Through Sizing Tables and Extent Planning
- Using and Tuning Indexes
- Tuning Index Builds
- Managing and Tuning Update Statistics
- Managing and Tuning Parallel Data Query
- Optimization and Tuning SQL Statements – SET EXPLAIN
- Optimization and Tuning SQL Statements
- Tuning Sorts
- Performance Optimization of Unix for Databases
- Informix Server Monitoring Using the Sysmaster Database
The course includes 12 hands-on labs with exercises for students to implement and practice the concepts taught in this class. The labs are taught as a performance tuning benchmark where students work on improving the performance of a base system.
This is an advanced course and requires an understanding of, and experience with, managing Informix. Proficiency in SQL and UNIX commands is required. Hands-on experience administering an Informix server is helpful. The following courses or equivalent are strongly recommended: Advanced DataTools Informix for Database Administrators, IBM Informix Dynamic Server Administration course (L1 846), and/or Managing and Optimizing IBM Informix Dynamic Server Databases (FN 848).
This course can also be customized and taught onsite to meet your specific needs.
Cost: $2,000 per person
All training will be conducted as virtual online class. Take any scheduled course online from your desk via a web browser and an SSH client (like PuTTY).
"Lester’s Advanced Informix Performance Tuning course not only helped us identify performance bottlenecks in our OLTP environment but also address them and put control back in our hands, not the other way around."
~ Eliezer Nebab, Lazare Kaplan International Inc.