This presentation by Lester Knutsen is from the IBM User Group Day on May 19, at 1:30 pm EST.
There are several easy procedures to upgrade and migrate Informix. We will look at the easy way (in-place upgrades, dbexport, cdr migrate, backup/restore), but sometimes they may not work for you, and you need to create a custom process. We will go over a set of procedures and scripts using HPL, external tables, and parallel unloads/loads that I have used over the last few years to migrate from small systems up through terabyte-sized databases to VMs, new hardware, and the cloud.
Resources for this presentation:
- View the presentation on Informix Tech Talks on YouTub
- Slides from this presentation: Informix14_Migrating_and_Upgrading_LesterKnutsen.pdf
- Example Scripts from this presentation – Using SQL to Generate SQL
- Informix Upgrade Project Plan Template: Advancedatatools_Informix_Upgrade_ProjectPlan.pdf
- Informix Migration Project Plan Template: Advancedatatools_Informix_Migration_ProjectPlan.pdf
- Informix Webcast 2019 – Installing and Upgrading to the New Informix version 14 and an introduction Informix HQ
- Informix Webcast 2020 – Informix Tutorials – Configuring a New Informix Server (and Example Scripts)