Congratulations to the winners!
Advanced DataTools is pleased to announce the results of our fourth Fastest Informix DBA Contest IV, held at the 2011 IIUG Informix Conference, May 15-18, in Kansas City.
The Fastest DBA Grand Prize Winner is:
Dmitry Kasyanenko from Renaissance Capital
Grand Prize - Apple iPad 2
Listed in the order of contestants with the most transactions per minute:
- Neil Truby – Fastest Professional Consultant DBA
- Andrew Ford – Fastest DBA on Tuesday
- Khem Chander – Fastest Domestic DBA
- Spoky Wheeler – Fastest IBM Developer (IBM employee)
- Achyut Gadre – Fastest Mid-Aged DBA (30-50)
- Kern Do – Fastest Newest DBA (shortest experience with Informix)
- David Link – Fastest Old-timer DBA (longest experience with Informix)
- Jan Dryak – Fastest International DBA (Non USA resident)
- John Fahey – Fastest DBA on Monday
This contest has been one of the more fun events at the last two Informix conferences. We sponsored the contest at the User Conference to find and honor the fastest Informix DBAs. This was an updated contest, with a new, bigger database using the Open Source BenchmarkSQL Java program to generate 1,000 sessions doing inserts, updates, and deletes against an Informix database. The Open Source BenchmarkSQL is a JDBC benchmark that closely resembles the TPC-C standard for OLTP. The contestants were challenged to take an Informix server running 1,000 OLTP users and optimize it in one hour!
Link on how they did it:
- Download the contest comparison ONCONFIG file (PDF)